In order to help our patients, defray the cost of buying new clothing each time they lose a size during their rapid weight loss period, post-operative patients may donate clothing back to the clothing exchange when they no longer need them.
PLEASE follow these guidelines when bringing clothing to donate:
- Please only bring clothing that are adult size 2X or smaller
- Please bring clothing that is appropriate for work or nice casual clothing
- Please only bring clothing that is clean and in good condition – no holes, stains, missing buttons or broken zippers or that has been stored for a long period of time. Preferably free of animal hair.
- Please do not bring underwear unless still in the package
- Please bring clothes that are in season – we don’t have a lot of storage to save things for different seasons.
- Please limit your contributions to 20 items at a time.
You may help yourself to whatever items you want to try that are in the clothing exchange – you do not need to bring items to be able to take items.
Clothing that is not taken within 3 to 6 months will be donated to one of the several thrift stores or to the Veterans.
The clothing exchange takes a lot of work by several volunteers, so please respect their time and don’t send items that don’t belong. Please donate them yourself to a charity of your choice. Thank you.